Skip to main content

Finding Happiness in the Simple Things in My Life



The first picture of my lilies reminds me of my favorite bible verse, Matthew 6:25-34:


25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.




As each day approaches, I often stop to think, "Am I doing what God has called me to do in this world?"  One thing I know for certain is I strive to be a better person with each passing day of my life.  Have I recognized the needs of others?  What can I do for others, although, I have some physical limitations?  Have I lived my life in such a way that is pleasing to the Lord?  Lord knows I've made my share of mistakes in my life of 50 yrs.  But most of all, as I make mistakes, do I learn from them and make something positive out of a negative scenario?

I seldom take the time to just share random thoughts.  But as time goes by, I feel drawn to openly share more of my world in hopes that it might help someone....even just one soul that might be feeling alone, etc.  To let them know they are not alone and there is hope in each new day.

As some of you know, from having disabilities of your own, a large portion of our lives is spent adjusting to the changes that have occurred or are occurring in life.  In the early years of having declining health my emotions ran very deep at times feeling like "why me?"  ...well the answer to that as I have grown through this process is "why not me?"!  We are never promised an easy road to travel.  But no matter what that road is it's totally up to us to decide how we're going to approach it.  I chose to approach it as having a glass "half full" not "half empty".  I chose to find more of what I'm "able" to do and not what I'm "unable" to do.  I've never cared for the term "disabled" at all.  Because there's sooooo much that we can do with our lives even though we have some physical road blocks.

What do you do with your time when you feel those "woe is me" attitudes swelling up inside?  Don't get me wrong, I have those days.  But....I don't allow myself to stay there very any length of time.  I love to look at how very BLESSED I am!!!  I'm an avid flower gardener as well as crocheting.  I might not be able to get out and plant, dig, etc. in my flowers the way I used to be able to do.  Soooo....now I enjoy the flowers that come out each year on their own and then I improvise with hanging baskets or containers on my  deck.  I'm still so blessed to have my eyesight to see God's creations and my hearing to enjoy the birds singing!!  No matter what ....we can always find "something" that is truly a blessing!!  

Having said these things, I thought I'd share a few pictures of things that bring warmth and comfort to my 'lil world of country living in addition to my hobby of crocheting.  It's truly the simple things in life that fulfill my heart.  Needless to say, on top of the list is family and friends.  Next are these things I'm sharing pics of.

So, wherever you are today in this world, no matter what your life's situation is, look for the simple things that truly are blessings in our lives.  May God Bless each of you as you strive to find those wonders of the world.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Did What??

Last week I spotted a beautiful groundhog out in my driveway.  I grabbed the camera and upon taking the pictures, I noticed this was obviously a very "pregnant" groundhog! So you're thinking, okay, why is this such a big deal right?

Well, a few days later I found where her home was located.  She has dug quite a nice hole going under my home.  There's a door used to access underneith my mobile home that's right under the deck.  So I began to ask around to find a "humane" trap to catch her.  Well, tomorrow my son was going to bring the trap out.  Too late!!!  She reemerged from her comfy home yesterday morning to roam around. Guess what?  Yep, you've got it!  She's a lot smaller and has obviously had her babies now!!
Now look a little bit closer.....

and now as she stands up...

Notice the evidence of nursing babies? LOL So now she notices the cat in the window.  She figures out she's safe and begins to taunt the cat. In the previous pics, wh…

My Latest Creation "Doves In Flight" Doily

I thoroughly enjoyed crocheting this doily "Doves In Flight".  This doily is approximately 23 in. in diameter.  It's from the Leisure Arts booklet entitled "Touched By Nature".  The doilies are by Delsie Rhoades.  It's seldom you find a booklet where you love each and every doily presented.  I'm looking forward to making every single one of these.  (I'm not connected with Leisure Arts nor Delsie Rhoades.... just a very happy customer).

I gave this doily to my beautiful, loving Mother.

Wonderful Group for Fibro on Facebook

Hello friends, I haven't written in awhile, thanks to the lovely pain that's been trying to get the best of me.  But, thank you Lord, I'm still here and have been blessed with one of the most enjoyable groups I've ever found for Fibromyalgia.  It's called Fellow Travelers on Facebook.  It's so nice to find a group of individuals that can relate to exactly what we face daily.  If you're looking for a wealth of info and a world of good conversation check them out!!