Skip to main content

Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's, StepMom's and Grandmothers out there.  I'm so blessed to have a Mom that is a very loving, caring mother.  I was raised in a home that never had to face divorce thank God.  I seldom remember my parents even having cross words.  For this loving environment I'm ever so thankful.  Unfortunately, my own children had to endure more hardships in a broken home.  For this I'm so very sorry but I hope they will remember I did the very best I was capable of doing.  
Since the majority of people with this dreaded illness of "Fibromyalgia" are females, I thought this might be a good time to share some neat things I've come across recently online.  Eventually, I hope to make a page devoted just to this topic alone.  You might be wondering what brought my mind to this topic.  Let me just say, this weekend is bringing my beautiful state of Virginia more rain.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the rain so we can have all the gorgeous flowers and greenery that is blooming abundantly now.  I love spring but along with it brings a few more aches and pains when the showers and/or thunderstorms roll through.  For all the mothers out there that are struggling through a rough, painful weekend my heart goes out to you.  As for myself, I was so frustrated with the fact I knew it was best for me not to plan an event to celebrate Mother's Day for my mom.  I'm meaning such as preparing a meal or dining out.  If you have fibro I know you can relate to what I'm saying.  As sure as you plan something tadaaaa here comes the flare up.  Thank God my Mom can somewhat relate to my pain.  This in itself is a blessing.  Unfortunately, so many of our family and friends just can't understand why we plan things and then have to cancel or back out at the last minute.  I've had to deal with the remarks and stern looks given by those that just don't understand.  
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day is coming up!!  Don't forget to help spread the word.  I've found a few places that have Tshirts, bracelets, etc. to bring awareness to Fibro.  I'll share those in the links below too.  Hope you all find something that will inspire your walk with Fibromyalgia.  Please remember to follow my blog.  I plan to have quite a few goodies for us Fibromites in the upcoming weeks.  May the Lord bless You!  


Updated Medical Info on Fibromyalgia:
http://www.wpinstitute.org/xmrv/index.html
http://www.vicd.info/clinicaltrial.html
http://www.fibroandfatigue.com/


Sites that carry Fibromyalgia Awareness Items:
http://www.fibromyalgiacrusade.com/products.html  this is an awesome site.  Browse around a bit here.  You'll find lots of info.  I especially like their "Purple Pain Code" system.  
http://www.fibromyalgiacrusade.com/purple_pain_code.html


One of my Favorite Fibromyalgia Sites:
http://restministries.com/  I can't say enough about how this site has blessed me.  


I'm going to stop here for now.  It's time to get up and move around a bit.  I've passed my limit on sitting for the time being.  But I'll be backkkk!  : )


p.s.  Please don't forget to follow my blog.  I know it's fairly new but I'd love to have lots of friends to correspond with.  Especially to share info with on Fibro.  I really enjoy hearing from my readers too.  Drop me a line I promise to respond :).
Sending gentle Fibro Hugs~~


Christian Glitter by www.christianglitter.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Did What??

Last week I spotted a beautiful groundhog out in my driveway.  I grabbed the camera and upon taking the pictures, I noticed this was obviously a very "pregnant" groundhog! So you're thinking, okay, why is this such a big deal right?

Well, a few days later I found where her home was located.  She has dug quite a nice hole going under my home.  There's a door used to access underneith my mobile home that's right under the deck.  So I began to ask around to find a "humane" trap to catch her.  Well, tomorrow my son was going to bring the trap out.  Too late!!!  She reemerged from her comfy home yesterday morning to roam around. Guess what?  Yep, you've got it!  She's a lot smaller and has obviously had her babies now!!
Now look a little bit closer.....

and now as she stands up...

Notice the evidence of nursing babies? LOL So now she notices the cat in the window.  She figures out she's safe and begins to taunt the cat. In the previous pics, wh…

My Latest Creation "Doves In Flight" Doily

I thoroughly enjoyed crocheting this doily "Doves In Flight".  This doily is approximately 23 in. in diameter.  It's from the Leisure Arts booklet entitled "Touched By Nature".  The doilies are by Delsie Rhoades.  It's seldom you find a booklet where you love each and every doily presented.  I'm looking forward to making every single one of these.  (I'm not connected with Leisure Arts nor Delsie Rhoades.... just a very happy customer).

I gave this doily to my beautiful, loving Mother.

Wonderful Group for Fibro on Facebook

Hello friends, I haven't written in awhile, thanks to the lovely pain that's been trying to get the best of me.  But, thank you Lord, I'm still here and have been blessed with one of the most enjoyable groups I've ever found for Fibromyalgia.  It's called Fellow Travelers on Facebook.  It's so nice to find a group of individuals that can relate to exactly what we face daily.  If you're looking for a wealth of info and a world of good conversation check them out!!