Skip to main content

Hello Again

Hello my friends!  Did you think I had forgotten about you...noooo lol.  Life has been a little crazy here for the last few weeks.  As most of you know I deal with some health issues.  I recently found out I have another ruptured disc in my lower back.  It has caused me to slow down a bit to deal with the weakness in my legs and adjust due to increased pain.  Thank God I have a great pain management doctor.  It has been a little discouraging because even when the fibromyalgia and osteo arthritis has me in pain I'm always able to get outside and move about to work out the kinks a bit.  With the addition of the new ruptured disc (along with the other spine issues) I haven't been able to do much.  I'm a fighter to keep on keepin' on even when things get tough!  After much prayer and rest I'm moving a little better and the pain is tolerable.

Then two weeks ago I was hit with the ever so famous bronchitis/pneumonia bug.  Let me tell you it just about whipped my butt lol.  But again the good Lord pulled me through yayyyy!!  I'm slowly regaining my strength and breath.  I'm not pleased to say this but the fact that I battle with the addiction of smoking cigarettes is not helping this.  I wasn't able to even think of smoking for days thank God.  Then one of those stressful days popped up and what did I do?  Yep, lit one up...ugghh!  I'm determined with God's grace I'm going to lay these nasty things down.  Not just for my health but it's just a hinderance to my Christian walk.  I'm under conviction about stopping.  This is my own heart and the Holy Spirit touching me about this.  So if you happen to think of me at times please say a prayer that I will beat this beast.

I'm currently working on an afghan in a ripple stitch.  I've also got more requests for my crocheted earrings so I must get busy :-).  I have all sorts of things in mind for making snowflake earrings, angels crocheted in thread for Christmas, scarves, hats, and the list goes on.  Ohhhh I love this hobby!!!  With all this being said, I must get back to my hot cup of java and checking those wonderful sites for the free crochet patterns of the day.  I'm so glad it's raining here finally as we need the rain badly.  It's going to be a busy day for my buddy the crocheting hook!!  I hope you all have a great week and please remember to leave comments.  I love hearing from you all.  God Bless!!

Comments

pattas said…
How lovely to meet you :)) God is good... He never leaves us, we are his forever... :)) Crochet hugs Pat in tas :))

Popular posts from this blog

She Did What??

Last week I spotted a beautiful groundhog out in my driveway.  I grabbed the camera and upon taking the pictures, I noticed this was obviously a very "pregnant" groundhog! So you're thinking, okay, why is this such a big deal right?

Well, a few days later I found where her home was located.  She has dug quite a nice hole going under my home.  There's a door used to access underneith my mobile home that's right under the deck.  So I began to ask around to find a "humane" trap to catch her.  Well, tomorrow my son was going to bring the trap out.  Too late!!!  She reemerged from her comfy home yesterday morning to roam around. Guess what?  Yep, you've got it!  She's a lot smaller and has obviously had her babies now!!
Now look a little bit closer.....

and now as she stands up...

Notice the evidence of nursing babies? LOL So now she notices the cat in the window.  She figures out she's safe and begins to taunt the cat. In the previous pics, wh…

My Latest Creation "Doves In Flight" Doily

I thoroughly enjoyed crocheting this doily "Doves In Flight".  This doily is approximately 23 in. in diameter.  It's from the Leisure Arts booklet entitled "Touched By Nature".  The doilies are by Delsie Rhoades.  It's seldom you find a booklet where you love each and every doily presented.  I'm looking forward to making every single one of these.  (I'm not connected with Leisure Arts nor Delsie Rhoades.... just a very happy customer).

I gave this doily to my beautiful, loving Mother.

Wonderful Group for Fibro on Facebook

Hello friends, I haven't written in awhile, thanks to the lovely pain that's been trying to get the best of me.  But, thank you Lord, I'm still here and have been blessed with one of the most enjoyable groups I've ever found for Fibromyalgia.  It's called Fellow Travelers on Facebook.  It's so nice to find a group of individuals that can relate to exactly what we face daily.  If you're looking for a wealth of info and a world of good conversation check them out!!